The Management Team implements the company’s strategy and prepares investment proposals for the company’s Board of Directors. The Management Team comprises the President & CEO and the team leaders of the various functions.
The members of the Management Team in 2015 were:
- Martin Backman (President & CEO)
- Jouni Hakala (Director, New Investment Opportunities, Public Affairs)
- Jussi Hattula (Director, Growth Investments), up to 30 June 2015
- Marko Häikiö (CFO)
- Antti Kummu (Director, M&A and Buyouts), up to 19 January 2015
- Juha Lehtola (Director, Venture Capital), as from 1 July 2015
- Anne Riekki (Director, Fund Investments)
- Jan Sasse (Director, Growth Investments), as from 1 July 2015
- Kimmo Viertola (Director, Industrial Investments), as from 1 July 2015
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors makes the company’s investment decisions. The Board of Directors comprises the Chairman of the Board as well as at least four and at most seven other members of the Board. The Annual General Meeting elects the members and the Chairman of the Board of Directors, and also appoints the company’s President & CEO. The President & CEO reports regularly to the Board of Directors about the company’s business operations.
- The duties of the auditing committee mainly involve preparation of matters relating to the company’s financial reporting, financial monitoring and auditing.
- The duties of the remuneration committee include preparation of matters relating to remuneration of management personnel and to the company’s remuneration systems.
The members of the Board of Directors in 2015 were:
- Esa Lager (Board Chairman)
- Urpo Hautala (Senior Advisor, Ministry of Finance)
- Kimmo Jyllilä (CEO, Almatro Advisors Oy)
- Johanna Lindroos (Partner, Dasos Capital Oy)
- Mika Niemelä, (Director of Finance, Ministry of Employment and the Economy)
- Annamarja Paloheimo, (Head of Branch Region, Nordea Bank Finland Plc)
- Riitta Tiuraniemi
The Investment Council appointed by Finnish Industry Investment’s Board of Directors acts as an advisory body and promotes the company’s relationships with civil society. Investment Council members represent the company’s stakeholders.
The members of the Investment Council in 2015 were:
- Antti Tanskanen (Chairman of Investment Council)
- Markku Eestilä (Member of Parliament, National Coalition Party)
- Ari Korhonen (Angel Investor)
- Olli Koski (Chief Economist, SAK, Central Organisation for Finnish Trade Unions)
- Veli-Matti Mattila (Chief Economist, Federation of Finnish Financial Services)
- Arto Pirttilahti (Member of Parliament, Centre Party)
- Ville Skinnari (Member of the Parliament, Social Democratic Party)
- Pekka Soini (Director General, Tekes)
- Tommi Toivola (Senior Advisor, Financing, EK)
- Kaj Turunen (Member of Parliament, The Finns Party)